1873 is about the time that Wolverton began to concentrate on Carriage building only. Parts of Bury Street and Gas Street survive but the works continue to expand westward.
The drawing is by Bill West.
By 1860 the northern streets have been removed, as have the Bury Street shops. This was the decade of the McConnell Engines. The watercolour below is by Phillip Webb.
In 1845 a new Engine Shed was built on the east side of the line. By 1850 it had grown to the shape that later was known as the “triangle building” – which is now part of the Wolverton Park development.
This drawing was produced by the late Bill West.