Originally there were two houses here, but as you can see very little survives. The chimneys have gone (and presumably the fireplaces) in favour of gas central heating, and the slate roofs have been replaced.
The house to the left was originally occupied by William Harvey and his family. Harvey is interesting because he was the Derbyshire man mentioned in Hugh Stowell Brown’s autobiography. (Hugh Stowell Brown worked at Wolverton between 1840 and 1843 as a youth and then went on to become a celebrated Liverpool preacher, and there is a statue of him in that city.) Harvey was one of his room mates at a cottage in Old Wolverton when they were both working for 6 shillings a week. Brown describes his time with Harvey and gives us a few insights into his character:
The frontage and the later blocked up windows must date from the time early in the century when it was Lloyds Bank. The brickwork seems suspiciously like the brickwork of the later Lloyds Bank at 47 Stratford Road. Later this shop unit and Number 25 next door became the Electricity Board showrooms.